Background mixin doesn't render properly in Studio

Hey Plasmic!

When background-clip: text; is extracted to a Mixin, and applied, it doesn’t render properly in the studio, but it does in preview.

In Studio it renders the background, but doesn’t clip to the text.

See images

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 8.31.01 AM.png

Hey @parliamentary_trout! Thanks for reporting it - currently working on a fix

@samuel There’s a similar issue that you should be able to group in the same bug story:

Yesterday, Default Styles contained User Created Global Variants in the Select List (It was a bug, according to @chungwu). It appears that they’ve been removed from the list, which I understand. However, it appears that there are still color values that are being retained from Yesterday.

@yang recommended to create a Style Token, vary the Style Token to each Global Variant, and Apply that Style Token to the Default Styles.

It appears that our html tags have retained those color values, and they’re overwriting our new selections. We’ve created a Style token named Primary Text which is black on base, and white on dark variants, then we’re applying that Style Token to our Default Style for the html tags.

I hope this makes sense. Sorry for the troubles.

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 10.22.39 AM.png

Hey @parliamentary_trout! We fixed the first issue. It should be in production soon.

Sorry about the varianted default styles. We will unset all the changes for the global variants.

@samuel, will you let me know when this is fixed? Both things are still an issue.

Hey @parliamentary_trout! We have already deployed a fix to both issues. Can you share your project id?

58CNSVogj92RP9LTu21UrC

You can see them implemented on /brand

The fix for the issue (background gradient) is already in production. The second should be soon. We unset all the values from the global variants, but there was another unrelated bug. Sorry about that

Awesome! I really appreciate you. Thank you

The fix should be up now! Thanks

Ok, we’re almost there! The Default Styles are rendering properly in Studio on the artboards,

However, it’s not rendering properly in Preview.

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 2.12.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 2.12.32 PM.png