I’m trying to achieve the following with a no-code/low-code tool:
- Non-tech people building simple web apps. I come from a fintech company, so there are often a lot of adhoc pages like customer onboarding forms, internal approval forms, etc.
- Tech people controlling the components that non-tech people use. These components have state, can make API calls, etc.
From what I understand so far about Plasmic, Code Components try to solve these problems. I have some feedback though:
• Behaviors still need to be wired to the code components by the developers. Non-tech people can’t do it.
• There’s no global state management that users (non-tech / tech) could use to wire to components or responses from api calls.
◦ Example usage is a form builder that starts up with some state, and dynamically creates new fields based on api responses / selections on the page.
• Code components registration appears to be quite tedious. Especially if I have a design system that I want to use in Plasmic.