REST API with code components or overrides?

I have a question regarding the Rest API approach.

1. Is component substitution possible such as
    a. ComponentA exposes a slot and we want to substitute dynamic number of ComponentB instances in that slot from the application where the API is called.
  2. If a ComponentX uses a Code Component and it’s fetched through Rest API. Will it work?

no… the REST / html API currently doesn’t support code components or advanced overrides

Okayyy and I’m assuming the CMS components won’t work as they are code components as well.

ah CMS components should work as they are code components that we know about, and so can use to render the html :slightly_smiling_face:

Interesting :smiley: :+1:
I’m not sure and curious about how to process the information “Plasmic knows about those specific code components” from a technical perspective as I assume the components that come from Component Store are natively registered through the same registerComponents API that is available in the docs.

Is there any way that we can make our code components compatible for Rest API usecase?

not at the moment… it would involve our servers trying to run arbitrary code components to generate the html, which it’s not set up to do :slightly_smiling_face: