How do I add a nonbreaking space to (say) a heading?

How do I add non-breaking space to e.g. a heading?

The only way I know is to input something like that is to copy the nbsp char from somewhere (like a Unicode chars page) and pasting it in…

@yang I have tried, but can’t get it to work… When I paste it between two words, the words still break…

Would also be nice to have a more elegant way to do it… in HTML you can simply add a   …

Ah, yeah, you may need to hack around this by setting whitespace: initial on the style

Usecase is to make headings break more nicely… For this example, we are trying to make the heading break so that “Why it’s great” and “to be a member” are on separate lines… we can do that with vertical/horizontal stacks, but need to hack line-spacing…

Oh, got it - in that case it might be more natural to wrap each line in a span, and then use the right sidebar to turn off line wrapping on each span (don’t need to set whitespace)

@yang thanks, I forgot I can use spans easily in here. Good enough for now, however would be great with the ability to use non-breaking spaces more easily :slightly_smiling_face:

thanks for the help

Happy Thanksgiving!