How do I remove a stack??

Why are all of the menus constantly changing??? I can never remember where anything is. Something as simple as removing a stack is nowhere to be found. Not even a remove group…no shortcut nothing.

I have an artboard wrapped in a horizontal stack and then accidentally made a vertical stack. I’ve been stuck for an hour trying to figure out how to remove it…

Hi @Chris , sorry I’m not sure what you’re referring to, but we haven’t changed the menus recently. Do you have a pointer or screenshot of where the issue is? Removing a stack should be either Delete to delete the stack and everything inside of it, or Ungroup to remove just the stack but keep the things inside of it around. Both are available in the right click context menu if that’s what you’re referring to.

A stack applied to an artboard. In the screenshot there is no way to remove it, even from the children that contain stacks

@yang I’ll show a screenshot from the child layers to show you that I cannot ungroup at all

@yang

Re: columns: a “columns” always needs to sit tightly together with “column” children. So it doesn’t make sense to ungroup either a “columns” nor a “column.” If you want to move the contents out, you can drag the contents out, and then delete the columns + column.

Where the columns is the root - assuming you want to replace that with some stack, you can also:

• select the root “columns”
  • wrap in a stack
  • move whatever contents you want into the stack
  • delete the “columns”

Let me know if that helps.

1 Like

Yes! That did the trick! I finally got it removed!!! A tool tip would definitely help with this interaction limitation