How to create a component that includes the GraphQL Fetcher and has a slot?

I have created based on the “GraphQL Fetcher” component, an own “Fauna GraphQL Fetcher” component, that has already the URL and headers set. (Screenshot 1) But If I use it, I can’t access the Slots inside the “Fauna GraphQL Fetcher” Component. (Screenshot 2)

Only if I change the component itself to a slot. (Screenshot 3) But then the implementation looks really verbose (Screenshot 4). So is there any other way to do that more compact and straight forward? (I only want to preset the URL and headers)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hi @prime_gecko, if I understand correctly, you should be able to

1. Create a fauna fetcher component containing a graphql fetcher. You have not created any slots yourself yet.
  2. While editing the fauna fetcher, within the slot for the graphql fetcher, create a slot target corresponding to the fauna fetcher.
    Let me know if that works and it makes sense. I realize this is a bit convoluted, so we are working on some new concepts for data fetching that should remove the need for this kind of double slot nesting.

Yes, exactly what you described is what I have done in Screenshot 3 & 4. It’s working for now as workaround.

It’s good to know, that you want to improve that :raised_hands: