Localhost setup - studio takes time to load

I’m not sure if I’m missing something here but when I set up localhost:3000/plasmic-host as host, the page opens up instead of the studio. A message appears it’s taking time to load. I managed to make it load once but it was gone after a refresh i.e. unable to access the visual editor when on localhost.

Could it be a location issue or a browser blocking certain requests ?

Side note: Love this app, it’s exactly what I was looking for, specially with the integrations and usage of objects within visual components and repetition.

Hello, welcome to the Plasmic forum!

Could you tell me more about your setup? What framework are you using? Maybe paste some relevant code?

I’m using react, local machine up and running with npm start and npx plasmic watch for sync. The project makes one api call to get the data. When I go into the Ui and enter the app host localhost:3000/plasmic-watch, the page opens but the visual editor doesn’t load up. Nothing fancy in the Ui and no added react component currently although the purpose for localhost as host is to add my own component. Visual editor shows the message

I think the plasmic create app when using react does not install the plasmic-host app automatically and that means you need to treat it like an existing repo within this doc Host Plasmic Studio in your app | Learn Plasmic