Plasmic is extremely sluggish for me, unable to interact with the tool itself and more than a minute to full load the project. Any interaction causes a loading spinner
Are you still having issues ?
Yeah I’m still having this issue
Another dev on our team is running into sluggish initial loads
@responsible_spider, I feel your pain. As our project size increased, the Studio’s performance decreased. Here are my best tips:
- Try using Microsoft Edge, it helped prevent crashes for me, as it natively allows more memory allocation than Chrome
- Turn ON hardware acceleration in your browser settings
- Use Focus Mode in Studio to the extent that you can.
- Interestingly enough, force quitting Adobe’s creative cloud and other Adobe services, even though they weren’t using much memory has helped.
- Ensure that there isn’t any code that is on your host server that could be making the artboard sluggish.
Hope you’re doing well, sir!
Could you help here @victor ?
I am actually noticing the worst performance coming from
plasmic watch. It usually takes around a minute or two to propagate a change from the studio.
Am I alone?
Hey, guys! I just wanted to follow up on this topic, as I’ve found something that has DRAMATICALLY improved performance within Studio.
I’m unsure if this will help you, but it made such an impact for us, I wanted to take the time to share:
- We refactored ALL components to change the visibility settings from “Not Visible” to “Not Rendered” (where appropriate). It makes sense that this would have a cumulative performance impact, as we were asking all of the elements to be rendered, but not visible. “Not Rendered” is a little more buried, so perhaps many users are selecting “Not Visible” most of the time (see attached image)
- Remove any unnecessary instantiations of complex placeholder components. For example, a list where we override the contents with dynamic content anyway.
- Check to ensure that component architecture within Studio is optimized. (e.g. Make sure the components you have on every page like a navbar or footer don’t have any unnecessary components, elements.)
I hope this helps. We’re delighted with the performance improvements after these steps.