Plasmic sync error with custom component import path

I am using Plasmic codegen with React and I have managed to setup the routes and plasmic host correctly. I have also registered a custom component in vscode and added that to plasmic studio and that works.

question -

When I run a plasmic sync, after adding and configuring the custom component in plasmic studio, I get an error:

Uncaught ReferenceError: Greetings is not defined
    at ./src/pages/PlasmicHost.tsx (PlasmicHost.tsx:4:1)

If I set my importPath as: importPath: "./components/Greetings", (as mentioned in the documentation)
I get the error:

Module not found: Error: You attempted to import ../../../../components/Greetings which falls outside of the project src/ directory. Relative imports outside of src/ are not supported 

If I set the importPath as: ./src/components/Greetings
I get the error:

ERROR in ./src/components/plasmic/forms/PlasmicHomepage.tsx 105:33-42
export 'Greetings' (imported as 'Greetings') was not found in '../../Greetings' (possible exports: default)

What am I missing?

Just tried importPath: src/components/Greetings and got the error:

ERROR in ./src/components/plasmic/forms/PlasmicHomepage.tsx 22:0-53
Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'src/components/Greetings' in '/Users/ashish/Repositories/plasmic-minitwitter/forms/src/components/plasmic/forms'

Is the problem that we cannot/should not do a plasmic sync once custom components are registered and then added using Plasmic studio?

From plasmic.json,
"srcDir": "src/components",

quick update: managed to get this to work. I went through the process of removing/re-adding the components a few times and also ran plasmic fix-imports . That somehow fixed the issue