Some png images appear with a black background

Hello, some of my png images appear with a black background when I upload them on an image element. Do you know why ?

It does that only with some of my png images. If I switch the png from the screenshot to another specific one, there is no more black background problem.

but I am not able to see the difference between the png files that appear with a black background and the others that appear with a transparent bg.

Thank you for your help

can you send me the image? I can take a look

AdobeStock_480947873.png

here it is :slightly_smiling_face:

when I upload it on a figma projet, it appears normally, with a transparent bg

ah I see! thanks for sharing the image and the studio screenshot. I noticed that the image is a 4000x3000 image, but you’re using it in a smaller space (150x120). We currently have a known issue with our downscaler that is leading to this black background issue. Can you try downscaling the image (e.g. with photoshop) and uploading a smaller image appropriate the the space you plan to use? sorry for the inconvenience, we will look into this deeper

Interesting, thank you for your fast answer, I am going to try that and tell you if it works :slightly_smiling_face:

It worked, thank you very much Raymond ! By the way, are you looking for a Product design intern at Plasmic ? :slightly_smiling_face:

please send your resume to hiring@plasmic.app! I’m not sure whether we are right now, but can check

Thank you very much, I am currently rebuilding my resume and portfolio (with Plasmic of course) I will send you an email for a spontaneous apply exactly next monday :slightly_smiling_face:

As planned, I just sent my application for a product design internship at plasmic. Thank’s a lot for your time and attention @ray

As planned, I just sent my application for a product design internship at plasmic. Thank’s a lot for your time and attention @ray