Supabase SDK integration

Hi
Currently looking into Plasmic and looks really nice so far. Only downside I saw, is that there is only a direct Database connection but not the Supabase SDK integrated. Is this on the roadmap or not?
Cheers
Joel

2 Likes

Hi, yes, we plan to improve our integrations overall, but no ETA on it

I imagined this would be the most requested feature on any no-code platform, but I’m guessing Plasmic is more targeted towards Low-code apps or No-code websites than no-code apps.

The phrase “requiring self-hosting” when using custom authentication doesn’t sound intuitive to non-developers and may make starting a project in Plasmic scary.

I deeply regret not delving into the documents earlier and relying on assumptions. This oversight became apparent halfway through the project, forcing me to explore other options like Weweb. It’s a pity because I enjoyed my experience with Plasmic, finding it visually appealing and beautiful.

I wish I could wake up one day and have Plasmic say, “New!” Now, you can use Supabase Auth and link Users in Plasmic to Roles and Users in Supabase without self-hosting.

Until then…

Here is an image of where I am currently on Plasmic, but what a pity I won’t be able to complete it. Please note that I have never coded nor used no-code for design in my lifetime. I used Bubble in 2017 for a short month on the backend but gave up because you can’t pass a response in headers, which my app needed at the time. Plasmic encouraged me two months ago to try again with the idea of a decoupled backend.