Would be nice to edit anything under the tree in an element state

I think it would have been pretty nice if you could edited everything inside a selected div when you make changes in element state, for example now if I have 2 elements inside a div and I am in a element state mode, if I click one of the elements inside, then it is automatically removes me out of the state.

So for example in the images I attached, if I want to make a transition on the icon, I can not, I need to only do it individually just for the icon div or build a component :slightly_smiling_face:

Hopefully it makes sense :slightly_smiling_face: if there is already a way to edit please let me know, would help a lot

Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 13.45.23.png

Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 13.45.19.png

Element States are only for simple changes on the immediate element, but you can do what you want. You’ll just need to turn that into a component and use Interaction Variants instead of Element States - then you can edit anything within that subtree.

hi Yang, thanks for your reply. I know about the Interaction Variants, I was thinking more like, if you have a situation where you don’t want to build a Component to use it only 1 time, this Element State might give you this flexibility. :slightly_smiling_face: